Booking Terms and Conditions February 2016
Shore Trips & Tours accepts your booking upon the following Terms:
1. We will endeavour to provide the tour as advertised on the web site but we reserve the right provide alternative destinations or activities should there be a problem outside of our control.
2. If we are unable to provide your tour through our own fault, [excluding acts of nature, terrorism or war] a 100% refund will be given.
3. Your tour itinerary will be followed as closely as possible but in some cases may be affected by adverse weather or road conditions; in such cases alternative destinations and activities of a similar nature will be offered.
4. Changes made by operators of attractions and activities we visit are outside of our control but we will endeavour to minimise such occurrences by close liaison with the operators.
5. Should you choose to shorten the tour for any reason then no refund is payable for any unused portion of your tour booking.
6. Your booking will only be confirmed once payment in full has been made.
7. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Cancellation at least 14 days prior, 100% refund.
- Cancellation between 14 and 7 days prior, 75% refund.
- Cancellation less than 7 days no refund.
- Custom designed Tour bookings will always have a minimum $25 NZ per person non-refundable penalty for cancellations made at any time after the booking has been confirmed and the credit card charged, regardless of the cancellation period.
8. We accept no responsibility for and injury to persons or damage or loss of personal possessions belonging to those persons except that which we have legal obligation so to do.
9. We accept no responsibility for any incident, delay or changes to the arrangements, which are outside of our control.
10. Our vehicles are fully licensed as Passenger Service Vehicles, hold current Certificates of Fitness, are fully insured and will be driven only by Passenger Service endorsed drivers.
11. Where seat belts are fitted, it is the responsibility of the passengers to use them.
12. Smoking is not allowed in any tour vehicle or self drive rental vehicle.
13. Any damage caused to the vehicles by the hirer we be charged for.
14. Where a Cruise Ship fails to make port due to weather or mechanical difficulties, a 100% refund will be provided.
15. If the cruise ship is delayed or arrives on an alternative date, every effort will be made to reschedule the tours, if we are unable to do this then a full refund will be given, unless a "non-refundable" comment is made in the "restrictions" tab on the tour page.
16. Self drive rental cars have specific terms and conditions of hire which are supplied when a booking is made.
17. Shore Trips & Tours must be notified in advance when a booking is made if any of the party have limited mobility or health issues that may limit their ability to partake in the tour program using the standard tour vehicles. Shore Trips & Tours does offer tours that specifically cater for clients with mobility issues and equipment [wheel chairs etc]. If a client has mobility issues and books a tour that is not designed for that type of person, Shore Trips & Tours will not be responsible for any part or claim if the tours can not be undertaken by the client.
18. Clients who dispute a Shore Trips & Tours credit card charge by filing a charge back notice with their credit card companies will be charged a $50 NZ administrative fee (per charge back notice) by Shore Trips & Tours if the charge back is ruled in the favour of Shore Trips & Tours by the financial institution.
19. Tours are planned to get you back to the ship in good time. Should you be unable to rejoin the ship for any reason before it departs the port, Shore Trips & Tours will assist in arranging transfers to the next port of call to rejoin the ship, but will not be liable for any costs incurred. Travel insurance is available for such incidents. Please note that in 15 years of business no client has ever missed a ship.
20. All payments made for services will be charged to your credit card in New Zealand dollars. Items from non-New Zealand countries have their cost converted to the equivalent NZ$ rate using the bank exchange rate calculated on the date of booking. Exchange rates are liable to change so the charges for non-New Zealand items may vary. If a tour is cancelled and a refund is given, this will be at the same NZ$ rate your card was originally charged, this amount may differ to the original payment when converted to your own accounts currency.
Self Drive Rental Car Booking Terms and Conditions February 2016
Shore Trips & Tours accepts your Rental Car booking upon the following Terms
1. We will endeavour to provide the vehicle of choice as advertised on the web site but we reserve the right to provide an alternative vehicle of a similar or higher grade.
2. The vehicle is supplied with a full tank of fuel and must be returned with a full tank of fuel. If the tank requires filling then we will charge your credit card with the cost of fuel used plus a $45 refuel charge.
3. The vehicle is supplied with comprehensive insurance which applies only to the approved named driver. The standard excess of $2500 NZ applies to any claim. This can be reduced to a $750 excess by payment of an additional premium of $25.
The full Terms and Conditions are provided to you at the time of hire. If you wish to receive a copy of these in advance of your booking then please contact us by email.