You will see
- Marlborough's famous wine region
- Stunning scenery all the way
When you arrive into Picton to join your Wine and Scenic Delights tour, a complimentary shuttle will bring you from the ship into the township to the I Site bus stop that takes only 5 minutes. Your guide is waiting for you near the vehicle in the I Site car park next to the bus stop.
Our delights tour on this day will take you on a short scenic drive through to the leading wineries where cellar door hosts will share their passion and knowledge with you about our Marlborough wines and region.
Sit back and relax and view our magnificent landscapes of the Wairau Valley as we travel from place to place. Your guide will make sure you reach high vantage points with spectacular views for your collection of photos and great memories of Marlborough.
For most onshore tours we take a short break at one of our winery cafes or restaurants to savour the local cuisine, even though you think you eat too much on the ship, you will be tempted. You must try the local green-lip mussels or salmon, a tapas platter that will make your mouth water, taste our local cheeses, Manuka honey, black garlic, oils, liqueurs and more. Lunch charges are not included in the tour cost.
For a special treat before we head back to Picton we stop at Makana Boutique Confections, a treat not to be missed.
If time allows upon our arrival back in Picton a short scenic drive to overlook the Picton Port, your ship and the Sounds is a known highlight of our visiting cruisers.
Our return time is flexible according to your ships schedule and we arrive at the bus stop in plenty of time, well before your ships departure.
- Basic wine tasting fees
- Collection and drop off at the i-Site carpark in Picton (this is where the ship shuttles drop you off)
- Complimentary chocolates and bottled water
- Experienced local guide
- Local gourmet tastings
- Event and activity costs
- Meals and refreshments
- Please note that while the tour is listed as a six hour duration, we adjust the tours to suit the ships time in port as this does vary greatly. You will always be back at the ship in plenty of time. The variation in tour start and end time will be shown for each day when you book or enquire.
- These tours are usually operated using either 6 or 11 passenger minibuses. If your group is larger than 11 persons please contact us for a quotation.
- While we do offer a child rate of $99 for children 7 to 15 years old, this tour is really suited to adults and we feel that young children may not enjoy the trip and so disrupt the enjoyment of others. If you do want to travel as a family group then please request an "exclusive" booking. Children under 7 years of age are not accepted on this tour.
- Wine tasting is only available for adults, 18 and over.
- We can include a visit to the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre for all or some of the group, see www.omaka.org.nz for details, cost of entry is $30 per adult. Please advise if this is required when making your enquiry.
Standard Tour Schedule Options
|start time||end time|
|10am start 6 hour tour||10:00||16:00|
| Note: Start and end times may be adjusted |
to suit ships ETA or ETD in port
Standard Tour Charges
|Adult price||NZ $120.00|
|Child price (7 to 15 yrs)||NZ $99.00|
Exclusive Tour Prices
|1 person||NZ $595.00|
|2 persons||NZ $625.00|
|3 persons||NZ $650.00|
|4 persons||NZ $675.00|
|5 persons||NZ $695.00|
|6 persons||NZ $750.00|
|7 persons||NZ $775.00|
|8 persons||NZ $825.00|
|9 persons||NZ $895.00|
|10 persons||NZ $975.00|
|11 persons||NZ $1,050.00|
Can we select the wineries we visit on the day?
Your guide will discuss which are the best options for you to visit, depending on the various options and your group preferences.
Is the wine tasting covered in the tour cost?
Yes, all wine tasting fees are covered. The only extra charge will be lunch at a suitable venue, of which there are many to choose from.
Can children go on this tour?
Yes they can join the tour but will not be allowed to taste wine, the minimum age for this is 18 years.