You will see
- An active crater lake
- Bay of Plenty vistas
- Colourful sulphur formations
- NZ's only active offshore volcano
- Rotorua Lakes District
- Ruins of old mining operation
- Steaming volcanic vents and hot streams
- White Island
Fly to and land on New Zealand's only permanently active volcano White Island.
Leaving the Rotorua city lakefront we fly north past our northern lakes district before crossing the coast on track to White Island. Enjoy aerial views of the active crater before landing on this lunar like surface. Here embark upon a leisurely guided tour of the island's crater floor to view active steam vents 'fumaroles', hot streams, vibrant sulphur formations and the steaming crater. This landscape is constantly changing as the activity forms new features and removes old ones. The Crater Lake changes in depth and temperature so that from one day to the next the landscape is different.
Part of our tour includes a walk through crumbling mining ruins to view the weathered remains of what was a working factory built in 1923 and abandoned in 1933. Tours on this privately owned volcano are conducted by your pilot / guide whose wealth of knowledge about the island's history and geology enhances the experience.
Return flights to and from the island take in aerial views of the wider Bay of Plenty. This tour is approximately 3 hours in duration including check in and briefing times.
- Please wear closed toe, flat shoes. You will not be able to walk on White Island without these.
- You should report to the Lakeside Office at least 15 minutes before the scheduled take off time.
- This flight needs a minimum of 2 adult fares to operate
- Tour duration, flight times and tour inclusions may vary due to weather conditions, volcanic activity and passenger loadings. Operating daily subject to weather conditions.
- We require total combined passengers weight and if individual passenger weight exceeds 110kg it is imperative that our office is informed prior to flight. This is a Civil Aviation requirement and due to weight and balance could greatly jeopardize the schedule of the flight. Failure to supply accurate combined weights could result in your departure time being altered or in some instances additional costs being applied.
Flight Seeing Schedule Options
|start time||end time|
|Flexible Departure Times||09:00||12:00|
Flight Seeing Charges
|Adult price||NZ $895.00|
|Child price (2 to 11 yrs)||NZ $671.00|
How long do we spend on White Island?
Approximately 1 to 1.5 hours