You will see
- All of the Wellington landmarks
Wellington Hop On Hop Off City Tour departs daily from the Wellington i-SITE Visitor Centre. You must join the tour at the time as booked but you can select a starting time from 10am on the hour until 2pm when making your booking.
You can choose to stay on and enjoy the full two-hour loop or you can hop off at any of the 18 stops along the way, explore the attraction, and hop on again an hour later. There are 5 to 10 minute photo stops at Mt Victoria, Old St Pauls Cathedral and at the top of the Cable Car.
Once you have joined the tour at the as booked time your ticket allows you to get on and off all day, at any of the 18 scheduled stops. Our drivers keep track of where clients get off the service and also if you intend to rejoin the service at a different stop later in the day. So you will not be left without transport back to the I-Site in good time to catch the coach back to the port.
Stop 1. I-SITE Visitor Centre, where you start the tour
Stop 2. Courtenay Place/Embassy Theatre
Stop 3. Mount Victoria Lookout
Stop 4. Wellington Zoo
Stop 5. War Memorial and Great War exhibition
Stop 6. Sheepskin Warehouse
Stop 7. Oriental Bay
Stop 8. Cuba Precinct
Stop 9. Colonial Cottage
Stop 10. Cable Car & Carter Observatory
Stop 11. ZEALANDIA
Stop 12. Botanic Garden
Stop 13. Katherine Mansfield Birthplace
Stop 14. Old Saint Paul's Cathedral
Stop 15. Parliament (Beehive)
Stop 16. Museum of Wellington City and Sea
Stop 17. Te Papa
Stop 18. City Gallery
Tour ends at the Wellington I-site where it started.
- Full commentary
- Stops at 17 great locations
- Any destination entry fees
- Please note that the tour starts from just outside the Information Centre [I-Site] in the city centre. Full details are provided on your booking voucher
- You must arrive at the start point in time for your as booked tour time. If you miss the booked time then we can not guarantee space on alternative start times as this tour is usually 100% booked out on cruise ship days.
- Infants up to 2 years must reserve a seat at the listed price of $10. Parents should if possible bring their own baby/child seats for their safety.
- This service does not operate on Christmas Day
- Wheel chair access is not available
Standard Tour Schedule Options
|start time||end time|
|12 mid day departure||12:00||14:00|
| Note: Start and end times may be adjusted |
to suit ships ETA or ETD in port
Standard Tour Charges
|Adult price||NZ $45.00|
|Child price (3 to 13 yrs)||NZ $30.00|
|Infant price (0 to 2 yrs)||NZ $10.00|
| Note: Infant ticket ensures a seat |
Without a ticket an infant may have to sit on a parents lap
Can we bring extra persons on the day?
This is not recommended as there are only 11 seats on each vehicle and we do get booked out.
If I get off at a stop will you pick me up later in the day
Yes, we keep track of where our passengers get on and off throughout the day, so we will always be there to collect you at the agreed time.
Is there a timetable for each tour?
Yes, the drivers can supply this when you join the tour.
If I miss the as booked start time can I join the tour later?
This is usually not possible as each start time is normally fully booked out in advance on cruise ship days as this is a popular service. Places are reserved for you and if you can not make the time as booked it will be deemed as a "no show" and no refunds will be given.