You will see
- Beautiful natural underground scenery
- Cave creatures
- Fine and delicate stalactites and stalagmites
- Glow worms
- Limestone Formations
- May be able to see New Zealand's native cave weta
At the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, thousands of tiny glow worms cling to the cave ceiling, creating a starry sky within the underground night. You'll also see a deep limestone shaft and a soaring subterranean cathedral that will leave you speechless.
Just 5 minutes away from the Waitomo Glowworm Caves is Aranui Cave. With a natural cave entrance, it is the smallest and most delicate of Waitomo's three main caves. Take pictures of the most beautiful collection of stalactites, stalagmites, flowstones and decorative formations.
- Allow 1.5 hours for this twin cave combo - 45 minutes each
- It can be cool in the cave so please bring a jacket. Wear comfortable, flat shoes as you will be getting in and out of a boat as well as walking through the cave
- Tours run regularly throughout the day. Please advise what time you would like when checking availability
- No smoking, food, drink or litter are permitted inside the caves
- Photography and video are not permitted inside the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, but is allowed in the Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Caves.
Experience Schedule Options
|start time||end time|
Activity Ticket Charges
|Adult price||NZ $76.00|
|Child price (4 to 14 yrs)||NZ $34.00|
Can I take photos inside the caves?
Photography and video are not permitted inside the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, but is allowed in the Ruakuri Cave and Aranui Caves.