You will see
- Little blue penguins
- Many varieties of seabirds
- NZ Fur Seals
- Stunning scenery
- Tauranga's offshore islands
Upon meeting us at the Salisbury Wharf (by the Cruise Ship Dock) step aboard our purpose-built dolphin-viewing vessel and embark on a wild encounter with the ocean's most fascinating creatures. Our vessel is a state of the art luxury 50ft power Catamaran which is fast, stable and has full facilities.
The sunshine capital "Bay of Plenty" is home to diverse and spectacular sea life from majestic dolphins and orca to the beautiful fur seals, penguins and marine birds. The passionate team of biologists onboard love marine life, especially dolphins, and enjoy educating guests. With many years working with marine animals and a high success rate of locating dolphins, they will give you the dolphin encounter of a lifetime.
Included are your snorkelling gear, wetsuit, tea, coffee and juice, fruit and muffins.
Our intention is to see huge pods of common dolphins closer than you will see anywhere, playing & just doing what comes naturally and give you the opportunity to meet them eye to eye in the clear Pacific Ocean.
But remember this is a totally wild encounter in the Pacific Ocean. It is on the dolphin's terms, not ours. We have a 95% success of finding the dolphins, in the summer months and swim with them 85% of the time. We can not swim with them when they have young as per our Department of Conservation Marine Mammal Permit. In addition on very rare occasions swimming is not possible due to dolphin behaviour or sea conditions.
At the end of the trip we will return you to the wharf with an experience of a lifetime and the photos to prove it!
- All snorkeling gear and wetsuit for swimming with our playful dolphins
- Tea coffee and juice are available throughout the tour. Fresh fruit and muffins are also provided as a light morning tea.
- Transfer to and from cruise ship
- Towel or swimsuit. Please bring your own
- Infants 0 to 5 years old are free of charge
- Please advise what size wetsuit you need when enquirying about this tour. Sizes are: Adults: Small, Medium, Large, X Large, XX Large and XXX Large and for children please give us their age so we can estimate the right fit.
- Please bring towel, sunglasses, sun cream, light jacket to protect from the wind, sun hat, camera and lunch.
- Please phone us the night before your trip to confirm sea conditions and that we will be operating the following day. Call 0064 7 577 0105.
- Please wear swimsuit under your clothing if you are wanting to swim with the dolphins.
- We recommend taking seasick or travel medication the evening before the tour.
- The minimum age for a child to swim is 7 years old, but it all depends on the level of confidence of the child and level of snorkel ability. If they are comfortable in the water with a snorkel and mask, and have no issue holding on to the swim bar, it is possible. A parent can be right beside the child, close to the boat to assist, as well as one of our crew. If passengers are not comfortable with a snorkel and mask, they will have a very enjoyable experience watching the amazing playful dolphins from the bow of the boat. Please note: Adverse sea conditions may result in these age limits being changed by the Skipper during the tour to ensure the safety of all swimmers
Standard Tour Schedule Options
|start time||end time|
| Note: Start and end times may be adjusted |
to suit ships ETA or ETD in port
Standard Tour Charges
|Adult price||NZ $150.00|
|Child price (5 to 12 yrs)||NZ $110.00|
Perfect!! What a fantastic experience, the most amazing day ever surrounded by 100's of wild dolphins who were playful, beautiful and entertaining. The sun was beaming down on us and we had the privilege to swim in the Pacific Ocean with these lovely creatures in their own free environment......it can't get much better than that!! The crew were fab, very friendly and helpful, the facilities were excellent. A day I will never forget and I would recommend this trip to everyone.
Trip Advisor Reviewer, UK [Mar 15]
Anita Z, Switzerland [Apr 15]
What if I get seasick?
This trip is an ocean experience and we cannot guarantee that you will not get seasick. We provide Gingernut biscuits and Ginger tea on board, both of which are natural remedies against nausea. However if you have a history of, or if you have a suspicion that you might suffer from sea sickness or motion sickness, please take appropriate medication before the trip (read the label carefully, some require that you take the medication the night before). Sea sickness is not a reason to seek a refund for the tour.
What happens if the trip gets cancelled due to the weather?
We ask customers to call us the night before their scheduled trip between 6-7pm to confirm the weather and sea conditions for the following day. We provide a FULL refund if the trip is cancelled.
What age of child can swim with the dolphins?
The minimum age is 7 years old, but it all depends on the level of confidence of the child and level of snorkel ability. If they are comfortable in the water with a snorkel and mask, and have no issue holding on to the swim bar, it is possible. A parent can be right beside the child, close to the boat to assist, as well as one of our crew. If passengers are not comfortable with a snorkel and mask, they will have a very enjoyable experience watching the amazing playful dolphins from the bow of the boat. Please note: Adverse sea conditions may result in these age limits being changed by the Skipper during the tour to ensure the safety of all swimmers
Can people with disabilities swim with dolphins?
To swim with the dolphins you need to be comfortable in the water with a snorkel and mask, and have no issue holding on to the swim bar.
We do not recommend swimming alone with dolphins for those with a disability, however, if you have a strong support swimmer and have experience swimming in the ocean than it can be done. We also have life jackets on hand as well as the wet suits which provide flotation. At the end of the day the skipper and crew will make a decision based on sea conditions. If we feel safety is compromised then a swim will not be possible.
For those in wheelchairs some mobility is required to board the vessel.
Please let us know of your circumstances when booking so we can best accommodate you.
Can I hire a towel from you?
Unfortunately we do not hire towels. Please bring your own.
Will there be sharks?
We have a 100% Safety record. We have never had a problem with sharks. Generally if there are dolphins around then sharks will be nowhere to be seen. They keep a very large distance from dolphins.
Is there any charge for infants?
No. Infants from 0 to 5 years are free of charge