You will see
- Jellybean Store at Summit
- Rotorua City Views
- Skyswing & Zipline
- Stunning views of Lake Rotorua
- Volcanic Hills Winery at the summit
Ride the Gondola to the Skyline Rotorua complex on the side of Mt Ngongotaha. From there it's your choice what you want to do first - Luge, Zipline or Skyswing.
The 383m zipline launches from the top of the Skyline Rotorua complex, down the side of Mt Ngongotaha. You choose your flying position, then zip through the air at up to 80km/h, through the Redwoods Forest. The Zipline finishes on a platform by the luge chairlift. The fun isn't over yet though because now's your chance to take a leap of faith and jump off the gangplank for a 10m freefall on the Quickjump. The Quickjump sees you harnessed to a single line and freefalling, before a special braking system ensures a soft landing. If you would rather not jump off the Quickjump, the more conventional stairs can be used to reach the chairlift to return you to the Skyline complex.
Ride the chairlift back to the Skyline complex and then head to the luge track. After a safety briefing and operating instructions the scenic track awaits your presence. Zoom downhill at your own pace, enjoying the scenery, discovering new skills and maybe on your second ride you might rise to the challenge of a more difficult track. The choice is yours. Catch the chairlift back to the top again and then head to the Skyswing. Don't forget to come back to the luge as you have 4 more rides waiting for you though.
The Skyswing will test your limits! The three-seated Skyswing hoists you 50 meters above Skyline Rotorua, coming to a halt with a breath-taking view of Lake Rotorua and beyond. Hanging from your harness, with the release in your hand, it's up to you to make the drop. Reaching 150kph, the Skyswing drop will give you a thrill like no other. Eventually the swinging will slow, but don't get comfortable, we like to excite you one more time with a spin to finish.
And when that is all over don't forget to check out the cafe and restaurant for cold drinks, icecreams, snacks or a full buffet lunch. Or how about a wine tasting of New Zealand wine, or marvel at the JellyBean shop.
Truly something for the whole family at Skyline Skyrides.
- Gondola ride to summit, 5 luge rides + Skyswing and Zoom Zipline
- Meals or refreshments
- Transportation to destination. Maybe hire one of our cars - see "Rental Car" page for more information
- Skyline Skyrides is approx 80 kilometres from The Port of Tauranga and will take you approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes to drive
- To ride the Luge by yourself, you must be over 110cm in height and/or 6 years & older. On the Scenic Track, children under 110cm must ride in tandem with an adult. Between 110cm and 135cm, children can ride the Scenic Track unaccompanied. Children over 135cm can ride the Advanced Track unaccompanied.
- To ride the Luge you must be in good health and be free of height conditions, motion sickness, back problems or other physical limitations. Expectant mothers should not ride.
- Zoom Zipline is suitable for children and adults, with a minimum weight of 27 kilograms and a maximum of 125 kilograms.
Experience Schedule Options
|start time||end time|
Activity Ticket Charges
|Adult price||NZ $139.00|
|Child price (5 to 14 yrs)||NZ $125.00|
Can children ride the luge by themselves?
To ride the Luge by yourself, you must be over 110cm in height and/or 6 years & older. On the Scenic Track, children under 110cm must ride in tandem with an adult. Between 110cm and 135cm, children can ride the Scenic Track unaccompanied. Children over 135cm can ride the Advanced Track unaccompanied.
Can children ride the Zoom Zipline by themselves?
Zoom Zipline is suitable for children and adults, with a minimum weight of 27 kilograms and a maximum of 125 kilograms. The Zipline runs with parallel lines so you can ride with your family and friends.
Is it safe?
Zoom Zipline's specially trained guides will ensure strict safety measures are followed at all times.
All Luge riders receive a full safety briefing from a trained Luge instructors prior to their first Luge and must ride the Scenic Track first to demonstrate their competence before riding the Advanced Track.
There is also an instructional video and Code of Conduct displayed at the start of the luge for further reference
How do I get back to the Skyline for subsequent rides?
The chairlift is constantly rotating so you just take the next seat, relax and enjoy the views as you ride to the top