You will see
- Rotorua City
- Rotorua Lakes District
- Site of NZ's largest, in living memory volcanic eruption - Mount Tarawera
- Spectacular volcanic craters and domes
- Views of National Parks
Departing our city lakefront pier we climb above Mokoia Island on track to our hidden lakes district and the Volcanic Peaks of Mount Tarawera. At 3680 feet in elevation this majestic volcano dominates the surrounding landscape and plays centre piece to the stunning lakes which surrounds it. This is the site of the largest volcanic eruption in New Zealand’s living memory.
Landing on Mount Tarawera we're offered a privileged view of spectacular craters and domes formed by the 1886 eruption. Here you will enjoy an interesting commentary based on the region’s history, culture and geology as we show you points of significant interest.
On the way back to our base you will be privileged to see more expansive views of our stunning Lakes District, National Parks and Rotorua City.
A truly breathtaking experience!
- You will have at least a 40 minute flight experience on this trip
- You should report to the Lakeside Office at least 15 minutes before the scheduled take off time.
- Minimum of 2 adult fares applicable to this flight
- Tour duration, flight times and tour inclusions may vary due to weather conditions, volcanic activity and passenger loadings. Operating daily subject to weather conditions.
- We require total combined passengers weight and if individual passenger weight exceeds 110kg it is imperative that our office is informed prior to flight. This is a Civil Aviation requirement and due to weight and balance could greatly jeopardize the schedule of the flight. Failure to supply accurate combined weights could result in your departure time being altered or in some instances additional costs being applied.
Flight Seeing Schedule Options
|start time||end time|
|Book by request||09:00||17:00|
Flight Seeing Charges
|Adult price||NZ $395.00|
|Child price (2 to 11 yrs)||NZ $296.00|