You will see
- Breathtaking scenery
- Mount Tarawera
- Rotorua City
- Rotorua Lakes
- Site of NZ's largest, in living memory volcanic eruption - Mount Tarawera
- Waimangu Thermal Valley
Departing our city lakefront pier experience the thrill of a floatplane take off before climbing above Mokoia Island on track to our hidden lakes district and the Volcanic Peaks of Mount Tarawera. At 3680 feet in elevation this majestic volcano dominates the surrounding landscape and plays centre piece to the stunning lakes which surrounds it.
Above Tarawera views of cavernous craters reveal the power of what was the largest eruption in New Zealand's living memory. The 1886 eruption devastated the local area including our famous Pink and White Terraces once claimed as the eighth wonder of the world. Included in the flight is our stunning lakes district and aerial views of the Waimangu Thermal Valley and its vibrant Inferno Crater and Frying Pan Lake. Returning to Rotorua our descent takes us past the Whakarewarewa thermal reserve and over the city before landing on Lake Rotorua
(Flight time approx 30 minutes)
- You will have at least a 30 minute flight experience on this trip
- You should report to the Lakeside Office at least 15 minutes before the scheduled take off time.
- Minimum of 2 adult fares applicable to this flight
- Tour duration, flight times and tour inclusions may vary due to weather conditions, volcanic activity and passenger loadings. Operating daily subject to weather conditions.
- We require total combined passengers weight and if individual passenger weight exceeds 110kg it is imperative that our office is informed prior to flight. This is a Civil Aviation requirement and due to weight and balance could greatly jeopardize the schedule of the flight. Failure to supply accurate combined weights could result in your departure time being altered or in some instances additional costs being applied.
Flight Seeing Schedule Options
|start time||end time|
|Flexible Departure Times||09:30||00:00|
Flight Seeing Charges
|Adult price||NZ $235.00|
|Child price (2 to 11 yrs)||NZ $176.00|