- Full tank of fuel at start of hire
- Insurance cover with a $2500 excess
- Unlimited kilometres
- Any destination or activity costs.
- Toll road charges if you choose to use toll roads.
- Please add all drivers full names, driving licence details, physical address, email address and date of birth when making your enquiry. We can then prepare the rental contract in advance to save you time on the day. This information can be added to the "comments" area of the enquiry form.
- If you intend to use a toll road in Tauranga then you are liable to pay the toll charge. If you are going to Rotorua or Hobbiton then you will most probably use this road. A return journey is $4 and we ask that you add this to your rental at the time of booking. You can also pay this toll directly to us at the office at the beginning or end of your hire. Failure to pay this toll incurs the cost of the toll and a $10 collection fee which will be charged to your credit card.
- If you intend visiting Hobbiton for the movie set tour, we do recommend that you pre-purchase your tickers in advance to avoid delays on the day. If you do not do this you may have to wait for the next available slot when you arrive which could be quite long.
You can book your entry tickets on our "Tickets" tab or if you prefer a private tour then select TRG-G087 from our "Groups" tab.
Pre-booking for activities such as white water rafting, jet boating, bungee jumping is also strongly recommended as these activities often get booked out on cruise ships days.
- The excess amount of $2500 will be charged to your credit card when collecting the vehicle.
- Vehicles are collected from the Rental Depot just a short 5 minute drive from the port in our Free shuttle. Please advise at the time of booking what time you would like our shuttle to collect you from the port. At the end of the hire the car must be returned to the depot by 5.30pm and we will take you back to the ship. If you wish to return after this time you will have to get a taxi back to the ship as the courtesy shuttle finishes at 5.30pm. There is a petrol station just 150 metres from the depot.
- Vehicles must be returned at least 30 minutes prior to the ships departure or by 5.30pm, whichever is the soonest.
- You should return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel. We can offer a refueling service for $45 plus the cost of fuel used if you wish.
Vehicle Rental Charges
|Vehicle Daily Charge||NZ $120.00|
Vehicle Rental Options
|Child/baby seat hire||per hire||NZ $20.00|
|GPS hire per day||per day||NZ $10.00|
|Refueling service||per day||NZ $45.00|
|Road Tolls 1 return trip (2 tolls only)||per day||NZ $4.00|
|Windscreen and Tyre Cover||per day||NZ $20.00|
Where will the vehicle be available for collection?
The vehicles are available for collection at our depot, just a 5 minute drive from the port and we provide a free shuttle.
What happens if I don't fill the tank at the end of the hire?
Don't worry, we will do this and charge you for the cost of the fuel used plus a $45 service fee.
Do you rent child seats?
Yes, we have a number of child seats and booster seats available, the charge is $20 per day.
What are the child seat laws in New Zealand
Since the 1st of November, all children up until their 7th birthday must travel in an approved child restraint. Children from their 7th to 8th birthday must use an approved child restraint if one is available.