You will see
- Local flora and fauna
- Picturesque scenery
- Wairoa River
Enjoy the personal experience of our guide collecting you from the Port of Tauranga and providing a running commentary of Mount Maunganui and Tauranga on the way to Bethlehem before entering the upper reaches of the Wairoa River at Omanawa.
Learn about the cartage of native timbers down the Wairoa River from the old mill site and how the locals were barged across for school. No prior experience required for this picturesque flat water paddle down the river with your personal guide. Learn about the peaceful wildlife as you float past in one of our kayaks.
Stop enroute for refreshments of Mills Reef award winning wine and orange juice, cheese and crackers and a summer fresh fruit platter provided by your guide.
Simply relax and watch time drift by.
This is a must trip for anyone visiting Tauranga.
- All relevant equipment
- Dry bags for cameras
- Experienced and personal guide
- Picnic platter lunch with local award winning wines
- Transport to and from cruiseship
- A moderate level of fitness is required
- All ages welcome
- Approximate 10 kilometre flat water paddle
- No prior kayak experience is required
- Please bring swimwear and a towel. Sunblock and a hat are recommended
- The cooler or wetter the weather the more equipment we provide
- This is an approximately 2.5 to 3 hour paddle
- This tour can be offered in French on request
- This tour can operate in almost all weather conditions
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 persons to operate. If you are keen to kayak in Tauranga then please look to invite friends, visit Cruise Critic or advertise on our website for a 'Tour Share'
- We reserve the right to change, alter or cancel the tour on the day due to weather or any safety concerns. If this is done a full refund will be made.
- Weight and height restrictions apply of 140kg and 6 foot 6 inches maximum. If you are close to or outside of these then please advise at time of booking so we can advise if the tour is suitable and/or arrange different size kayaks
Standard Tour Schedule Options
|start time||end time|
| Note: Start and end times may be adjusted |
to suit ships ETA or ETD in port
Standard Tour Charges
|Adult price||NZ $145.00|
|Child price (5 to 15 yrs)||NZ $120.00|
Can you cater for specific diet requirements?
Yes we can. Please advise at the time of booking
Are these single or double kayaks?
We use double kayaks
I haven't kayaked before. Is this tour suitable for me?
Yes, it is. No prior experience is required and it is a simple, flat water paddle
I am in a wheelchair. Can I take this kayak tour?
Yes you can. Please advise at the time of booking