You will see
- Lake McLaren
- Local flora and fauna
Enjoy the personal experience of our guide collecting you from the Port of Tauranga and providing a running commentary of Mount Maunganui and Tauranga on the way to Lake McLaren.
No prior experience required for this picturesque, easy pace flat water paddle with your own personal guide. Fast, dry and stable double sea kayaks used, but singles available upon request. Paddles, spray decks, buoyancy aid, and paddle jackets provided. Moderate fitness required.
Simply relax and watch time drift by.
This is a must trip for anyone visiting Tauranga.
- All relevant equipment provided
- Chocolate bar and water
- Dry bags for cameras
- Experienced local guide
- Transfer to and from the cruiseship
- A moderate level of fitness is required
- All ages welcome
- Approximate 3 kilometre flat water paddle
- Fast, dry and stable double sea kayaks used but singles available on request
- No prior kayaking experience required
- Sunblock and a hat are recommended
- The cooler or wetter the weather the more equipment we provide
- This is an approximately 1.5 hour paddle
- This tour can be offered in French on request
- This tour can operate in almost all weather conditions
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 persons to operate.
- We reserve the right to change, alter or cancel the tour on the day due to weather or any safety concerns. If this is done a full refund will be made.
- Weight and height restrictions apply of 140kg and 6 foot 6 inches maximum. If you are close to or outside of these then please advise at time of booking so we can advise if the tour is suitable and/or arrange different size kayaks
Standard Tour Schedule Options
|start time||end time|
| Note: Start and end times may be adjusted |
to suit ships ETA or ETD in port
Standard Tour Charges
|Adult price||NZ $130.00|
|Child price (5 to 15 yrs)||NZ $120.00|
Are these single or double kayaks?
We use double kayaks
I haven't kayaked before. Is this tour suitable for me?
Yes, it is. No prior experience is required and it is a simple, flat water paddle
I am in a wheelchair. Can I take this kayak tour?
Yes you can. Please advise at the time of booking