You will see
- Totally over to you and how far you wish to travel
For those who want a more active tour of Mt Maunganui and Tauranga, then hiring an electric bike is the perfect solution.
The itinerary is down to you with a half day leisurely cycle allowing you to explore the beach front areas along Pilot Bay [Harbour], Marine Parade [ocean beach] past all of the millionaires homes and also across the harbour bridge cycle path to central Tauranga. In Tauranga you can see some of the many historic areas such as The Elms Mission Station or the old British army fort of Monmouth Redoubt, overlooking the inner harbour and waterfront.
- A bike lock and location map with recommended routes
- Every rider will receive a bike, safety helmet and high visibility vest.
- Safety briefing, instruction and assessment of competency on use of bike before departing
- Meals or refreshments
- All hirers are to read and sign the terms and conditions and hire agreement prior to riding.
- Hirer's will be required to show their passport or drivers licence when collecting bike
- Pick up and drop off of bikes is at the port gates
- Please advise in the 'Comments' field what time you would like to collect the bike so we can be ready for you
- We have small and medium size bikes. Please advise in the 'Comments' field at the time of enquiry what size you would like
- Riders must be 10 years or older, minimum height 150 centimetres or 4 foot 9 inches and maximum weight of 120 kilos or 264 pounds.
Experience Schedule Options
|start time||end time|
Activity Ticket Charges
|Adult price||NZ $45.00|
|Child price (10 to 15 yrs)||NZ $45.00|
|Family price (max adults 2 max children 2)||NZ $135.00|
Do the bikes have somewhere that can carry my bag?
Yes, all bikes have a carrier on the back
Do the bikes have a drink bottle holder?
No unfortunately they do not
How long will the bike operate for on the battery before running out?
The bikes will run for 30 kilometres or 18.5 miles minimum
What should I do if I have a puncture or break down?
In the unlikely event of equipment issues please call the phone number given on the bike and we will locate you and repair/exchange as required
Why can't children younger than 10 years old ride an electric bike?
This is due to insurance liability
Do you have buggies for infants/young children?
No we don't I'm sorry
Do you provide a map of the local area?
Yes we do
Do you have some suggested cycle paths?
Yes we have suggested routes and these are noted on the maps provided
Do we have to pay a bond?
No. We will however require to see your passport or drivers licence
What happens if we damage the bike?
Fair wear and tear is no charge. If deliberate or accidental damage then the cost of parts to be replaced is required
Where do we return the bike to?
Please return the bike to the collection point unless an alternative has been arranged