You will see
- Auckland CBD [City Centre]
- Auckland Domain and Museum
- Auckland suburbs like Parnell, Mount Eden plus the iconic Auckland Waterfront.
- Get taken straight to Auckland's best attractions and dropped at the door. Then get picked up again later!
- You choose the attractions that you visit.
Buses leave every 30 minutes from 9am at the Ferry Building/Queens Wharf (hourly from 10am in the Winter) or from 0945am at Skycity.
The main bus stop (Ferry Terminal) is directly in front of the new Queens Wharf cruise ship terminal so not far to walk.
Your ticket allows you to get on and off all day, using the same pass.
* Ferry Building
* Bastion Point Lookout
* Kelly Tarltons/Sea Life Aquarium
* Parnell Rose Gardens
* Holy Trinity Cathedral (Parnell)
* Auckland Museum
* Parnell Village
* Auckland CBD
* Auckland Domain
* Auckland Museum
* Queen Street - Civic Theatre Corner
* Skycity and Skytower
* America's Cup Viaduct Harbour
* Winter Gardens
* Eden Garden
* St Lukes Westfield Shopping Centre
* Auckland Zoo
On the 25th December there is a limited service for a reduced $35 ticket price. The below attractions are open:
Bastion Point, Kelly Tarltons SeaLife Aquarium, Parnell Rose Gardens, Holy-Trinity Church open morning only, Winter Gardens Open (Special stop at winter Gardens), Parnell Village a few Cafe's/Restaurants open. City centre will have some cafes open, SkyTower and restaurants open but Casino closed
- Transport to Auckland's major attractions
- Entry fees into attractions.
- Buses leave every 30 minutes from 9am at the Ferry Building/Queens Wharf (hourly from 10am in Winter) or from 0945am from Sky City. Show your Shore Trips Voucher and exchange this for our Day Pass , then you will literally be able to Hop on and off the bus for the day.
- The service operates 365 days a year, even on Christmas day.
- Please note that on Christmas day 25th December there is a reduced service on the Hop On Off Bus, due to this we will refund $10 of your booking fee making the cost $35 per adult and $5 less per child down to $15. There is No BLUE circle running this day.
Standard Tour Schedule Options
|start time||end time|
|Hop on/Hop Off||09:00||17:00|
| Note: Start and end times may be adjusted |
to suit ships ETA or ETD in port
Standard Tour Charges
|Adult price||NZ $45.00|
|Child price (4 to 16 yrs)||NZ $20.00|
|Family price (max adults 2 max children 4)||NZ $100.00|
Standard Tour Group Discounts
|11+ persons||20.00 %|
Is there a separate charge for the Blue Circle Bus?
No, the Blue Circle bus is included in the Auckland Explorer Bus Day Pass.
How long does the tour take?
The length of the tour is up to you. The Auckland Explorer Bus can be as short as a one hour sightseeing tour or it can be all day (Finish 5pm). As the Auckland Explorer Bus is a Hop-On Hop-Off service it is totally your decision as to which attractions you would like to get off the bus and visit and how long you would like to spend there. When you are ready to move to the next attraction simply return to the bus stop and get on the next Explorer Bus as it comes around the circuit.
What defines a family for the family pass?
A family is defined as two adults and any number of children from 4 to under 16 years of age from the same immediate family.
Is there a commentary on the bus?
Yes, there is a full commentary in English on the bus. For other languages: Japanese - French - Chinese - Korean - German - Spanish - Portugese. Timetables and information sheets are available from the driver.
Do you operate on Sundays & Public Holidays?
Yes, the Auckland Explorer Bus operates 365 days of the year. However bear in mind if you are wanting to travel on main public holidays such as Christmas Day, New Years Day or Easter some of the attractions may be closed.
We are staying in a motel/hotel, are we eligible for the complimentary pick
As Auckland is a very big city in area it is impossible for us to be able to offer a pick up from motels in every area. However, if you are staying in a motel/hotel in the South Auckland or Mangere (airport) areas or Greenlane, Newmarket to City area we are happy to offer a complimentary pick up to take you into the Auckland Explorer Bus and return at the end of the day. If you do require the pick up service please ensure you phone and at the latest before 8.30am on the day you wish to use the Explorer Bus, for a reservation and pick up time.